Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pencils YES!



As I've mentioned previously, I'm a certified pencil lover, so was delighted to see a link to this story in my inbox via my bestie-of-all-time, Lauren. Blackwings are back, yo! And apparently they're better than ever.

For the uninitiated, Blackwing pencils were discontinued in the 1990's and have developed a cult following due to their super-smooth lead and large ferrule, which is that thing that attaches the eraser to the pencil. I found this out because there is such thing as a Pencilopedia, which is totally blowing my mind. They're made of cedar, last forever, and have a fancy flat-eraser to boot. Pop culture eaters Boing Boing reported on their resurgence and I can only imagine the legions of folksy copy-editors or pencil weirdos who are snatching these things up.

They were previously fetching prices up to $20 on ebay for a single pencil but can now be purchased here for a cool $19.95 per dozen count box. I know you're as over-the-moon as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment